Western and Central Africa
Eastern and Southern Africa
Eastern Europe and Central Asia
The programme, which is funded under the Spanish MDG Achievement Fund, seeks to:
- improve the overall competitiveness for raw material growers/collectors and grassroots producers of handicrafts and small furniture focusing on five value chains in four northern provinces of Viet Nam, namely Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Hoa Binh and Phu Tho;
- facilitate the development of new and high value products and increased productivity and deployment of new technologies;
- establish new market linkages at national and international level;
- strengthen the capacity of traders and processors at the SME level; and
- promote investment of national exporters at the provincial level.
The project aims at developing better integrated, pro-poor, and environmentally sustainable “green” value chains, enabling poor growers, collectors and producers to improve their products and to link them to more profitable markets.