The facilitation workshop was opened by Mr Lekhooe Makhati; Acting Principal Secretrary of the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Cooperatives and Marketing.
He was accompanied by Miss Mahlape Qoane; Project Manager of Agricultural Productivity and Trade Capacity Project.
THE LEARNING OUTCOMES OF TRAINING WERE:
1. Identify various hazards impacting food safety
2. Understand how GAPs can enhance food safety
3. Monitor and manage GMPs
4. Establish and manage a hygiene management system
5. Recognise the intrinsic parameters of perishable produce
6. Interpret requirements of corrective actions and maintenance of a HACCP system
7. Develop a HACCP plan
8. Conduct a food safety audit
THE FOLLOWING LEARNING METHODS WERE APPLIED:
2. Group work
5. Video clips
6. Informal discussions
7. Questions and Answer session